Watch Me Loose It

Friday, September 18, 2009

What you all have been waiting for!


Well as most of you know David spent last week in the hospital. Blech. Nothing like a week of stress and worry to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. He ending up having surgery last Friday morning. He has scar tissue removed from his lower intestine and bowels. And then a synthetic covering placed over them so that it would not adhere to there again. If you remember he had this same surgery last June. Here is where my freak out comes in. The DR said that some people just produce scar tissue, so I asked what the chances of it adhering to a different place and he said oh its already growing on his liver and spleen. Oh M Gee! Are you kidding me? We go back to the DR today to get his staples out. He had 9 staples, and from the looks of it they gave him an outtie belly button. LOL

Okay I now have two weeks worth of weigh in's to catch up on. Last week I went and was feeling kinda ewwy, I had spent 3 nights in the hospital with David and was not feeling very good about going to weight watchers at all. I wasn't eating much at all, for the fear of making the wrong choices. I wasn't able to make it to Curves all week either. I weighed in, and lost 1.8! I was totally happy with that, and glad to have that week behind me. After the weigh in I am down a total of 13.8 lbs not to shabby!

Let's fast forward to this week. David came home on Saturday and things were kinda sorta getting back to kinda normal. Monday was my weight and measure day at Curves, and let me just start out by saying THAT I LOATH THAT YOUNG CHIC AT THE DOOR. Tell me this, how can I GAIN 2 inches in my waist??? Did she not get the message that I LOST 13.8 lbs. Get this then she trys and to tell me that maybe its muscle. Baby, do you see this mass of JIGGLE? What on earth makes you think that muscle is squishy?? Show me your muscles. Do they squish too? So according to her WONKY measurements I have lost a total of 4 inches off of my body. I totally love the sound of that but think its totally wrong. I think she needs a doughnut, she would probably think much clearer with a doughnut in her belly. Ugg.

Wednesday was my official year anniversary at Cummins. We have a monthly luncheon and this time I decided to go. I got a 10kt gold bracelet with a gold Cummins C on it. I was very surprised. I love my job for the most part. I love the people that I work with, and enjoy the friendships, as unlikely as they seem that I have gained. Of course I have STRESS that comes with my job too. Between David being sick, some new changes at work and regular every day life, I have been having chest pains for a couple of days. It was so bad that I left work on Thursday to go see my DR. I had an Echo and a EKG and they both seemed normal. They are thinking I may have an ulcer. Oh joy! I go for a CAT scan today. They started me on Nexium to get me feeling better. Okay can I just say that I feel freaking OLD! I have never in my life had heart burn. I mean look at me, does it look like I have a real problem with ANY kind of food? Oy!

Okay NOW for the super exciting part of this whole dang post! I went to WW last night for another WI. I was really NOT wanting to go, I felt like crap, but I do not want to MISS anything. Every bit of information I get I feel I need. Well I approached the scale and told the lady that I wasn't expecting anything much, my tracking had been horrible the past couple of weeks, and she said, are you sure? Are you ready for this? -4.2 lbs!!!!!!! Holy batman! I almost cried! That's when I realized that I had reached my 5% goal! Are you kidding me?? In 6 short weeks I have lost a total of 18 lbs!!! I am so freaking proud of myself. I can totally feel the difference in myself on most days. My clothes are fitting looser. I have a couple shirts that I bought for our cruise this past June that are really too big to wear outside of the house! To celebrate I bought myself a prize last night, I purchased the fancy WW scale! Man this thing is amazing! When I got home to tell David you should have seen the smile on his face! After the DR's office today we are going to get my new bike! So if you see a fat chic riding around town on a shiney new pink bike that would be ME!

Now for what I promised you all. A couple weeks ago before my life went totally nuts-o I was telling you guys how I love to make new recipes and take pics of them. I told you guys about the YUMMY egg roll recipe. Egg Rolls I try and make them once a week. I love them that much. The last time I made them I took pictures of them. Here are the yummmmmmmmy photos!
While I was making these I was thinking what else I can make with the egg roll wrappers. You know those things at the Chinese restaurant with the cream cheese and the crab meat in them? You know the ones that I can normally eat 74 of? Yeah those? Well I made my own version of them too. I made 4 of them just to test them out. They ending up being 3 points for the 4 of them. I don't think that's too bad at all. And they were SOOOOO good. The next time I make them I will mix the cream cheese and stuff together and let the flavors mix together more. Here is what I used.

4 Wonton Wrappers
1 oz tub of Weight Watchers cream cheese-cut in 4 parts
1 oz of imitation crab meat
1 green onion
Canola cooking spray

This is what they looked like before I baked them:

And here they are right before they went into my belly!!


I have a couple more recipes I would like to try this weekend. I love trying new things and I love finding foods that I love that are healthy and that they fit into my new lifestyle.

Okay I think I have killed you all enough. I promise it wont be this long between posts any longer. As long as life stays the hell outta my way! I want to thank the people who have been so supportive of me since I have started this journey. I really feel that I can do this, this time. I am also thankful for the new friends I have met because of WW (*waving at K), and all the others that I don't know that I bond with every Thursday. Thanks beautiful people!

Quote for the day: "Forget mistakes. Forget failure. Forget everything except what you're going to do now, and do it."

1 comments:

Carla said...

I'm sooooo proud of you Rachel!!! I need your same drive, to get up off my behind and shed some pounds!!! 18 pounds in 6 weeks is freaking awesome girl!!! Keep up the great work, and I hope David is feeling better again!!

Post a Comment